Dr. Paul Savage is a world-renowned longevity expert known for being one of the first doctors to treat his patients with bioidentical hormone therapy dating back to the late 1990s. His health journey led him to try hormone therapy on himself. He realized it could be a game-changing option for people, so he decided to take action.
At that time, Suzanne Somers, an American actor, and health advocate, was using bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT). She openly discussed her positive experiences with BHRT, which included:
- Relief of menopausal symptoms, including hot flashes and mood swings
- Improved her quality of life, including increased energy and strength, improved mood, and better overall health.
One of Dr. Savage’s proudest moments was when Suzanne Somers reached out to him for guidance on hormone therapy. Their bond grew so strong that she showcased him as a top doctor in her book, Ageless, focusing on bioidentical hormones. Which, of course, Dr. Savage accepted.
To anyone reading this wondering why hormone therapy is so great, let me break it down.
Hormone therapy is essential for women (especially menopausal women) and men. It’s a known fact that as we age, our hormones decline. An imbalance of hormones can lead to several health problems. Including:
- Decreased bone density
- Irregular sleep and insomnia
- Hair loss
- Weight gain or weight loss
- Insulin resistance
- Changes in energy levels
- Declining mental health such as anxiety or depression
- Impacts heart health, influencing blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- + More